Friday, July 21, 2006

The Gym Session before the bus trip

At least I had the decency to shower and change before the trip.

Anyway, coach was late today because his water seeped into his engine (although the flood was only 1 foot deep), so I did the Snatch.

First 2 sets (6 reps each) were done using the 20kgs barbell.
Another 10kgs and I did 3 more sets (4 reps this time) before I tried the weight that I have a 3% chance of success --- 40kgs.
So got first one (100%)
miss second one (50%)
got third one (67%)
and fourth one (75%) (coach also arrived at this time)
then miss fifth, sixth and seventh (45%) (hhhmmmm, do I see a trend?)
Got the eighth one (50% again)
and missed the last one (38%)

Anyway, did some pulling, snatch-style
So 40kgs was loaded for 3 sets (3 reps from starting point and 3 quick ones immediately following the last rep)
Think I loaded another 10kgs and did another 2 sets (same reps as above).

So moving on to something I haven't touched in weeks, Front Squat.
So 40kgs was very very easy even at 6 reps for 2 sets.
Added another 10kgs and procceed to bang out 3 reps on the 1st set but only 2 on the next set.
Last attempt was 60kgs.
Down, uuuupppppp........threw the bar away (PHEW!)

That's all for now.

No comments: