Tuesday, July 18, 2006

1st day back at the gym

Didn't see some regular faces, but most of the juniors were there outdoing each other along with some new juniors as well.

Started out with warm-ups and good morning exercises.
Had to wait about 30 minutes before the juniors cleared the room.

Did the snatch with the 15kgs barbell,
started out well with the 1st set of 12 reps,
but when I started out on the second set, it fell apart from there when I stumbled on the 3rd rep and the bar fell on my right foot.
So I took a break and resumed. Managed to finished 6 reps in the 3rd set and retired before my hips buckled.
Increased the weights by another 10kgs and I stumbled again on the 4th reps, this time the barbell hitting my left foot right above the ankle.
Did one more set of 6 reps before my coach moved me to the Clean & Jerk.

So started out with the same weight (25kgs) for the Clean and Jerk, did about 2 sets of 2 reps before managing a 3rd rep in the 3rd set.
I then walked over to the opposite platform and loaded a 20kgs barbell with 10kgs and started using that.
My coach came back and watch me complete one set with 3 reps before telling me to add another 10kgs to the barbell.
I missed the 2nd rep in the 1st set but caught the others quite smoothly. I no longer feel any pain on my palms and I still have to learn to push my elbows forward and catch the bar on my collarbone.
2 more sets and I set up the stands for my back squat.

I banged out 8 reps on my first 2 sets with the 40kgs barbell before adding another 10kgs.
At 50 kgs, I manged 6 reps each in the remaining 4 sets before calling it a day.
Sat around kibbitzing my coach's daughter clean and jerk with whoever was left in the gym at that time.

No comments: