Saturday, April 07, 2007

Jackie Chan's "The Disciple"

Yahoo News

After Donald Trump's Apprentice series (and the doomed Martha Stewart spinoff and Richard Branson version), we get this tidbit of news of Jackie Chan getting thousands of people to audition themselves to become his "Disciple(s)".

And to make sure that you have a better chance of winning, the show will be picking not just one winner, or two, or three, but up to ten winners (Read that: 10) and all of them will be starring in a Jackie Chan movie slated for release next year before the Beijing Olympics. On their official site, you can not only audition for the show, and even submit your script (by email) for the movie here. Somehow I get the feeling that we are in for a funky remake of Kurosawa "7 Samurai" ala Jackie Chan flamboyant production (if you want to get enough screen time and action fights for all 10 winners).

Should I go?
Nah, I think I will just stick to script submission and let 10 other people do all the fancy fighting. As it is I have enough pain from my weightlifting sessions at the gym. :\

No comments: