Saturday, April 07, 2007

Do you want 1/2 the DVD set?

Went window shopping for DVD sets today. (make it pirated DVD sets. Hey! I know of one local TV series actor who goes shopping for them too!)

My Titles?
Men In Trees &
Grey's Anatomy (3rd season)
(Why do I want them? SEX SEX SEX and MORE SEX. Erhem)
A quick check on Amazon reveals that they have not hit the inventory yet. Nor could they be preorder as the books. Dang!

So a quick jaunt to the local stores to see what do they have.

"Hi! do you sell TV series DVD sets?"
"Yes, what do you want"
(mumbles) "Men In Trees & Grey's Anatomy 3rd season"
"what did you say?"
"Men In Trees & Grey's Anatomy 3rd season"
"Men In Trees, we don't have, but we have Grey's Anatomy and Heroes. 15 minutes (this being the time it takes for them to bring the stuff around from another place)"
"How much is the Grey's Anatomy set going for?"
"40 ringgit."
"how many disc?"
"Three. Do you want to come inside our store and have a look?"
"Okay" Steps inside store. and probably get caught for future blackmailing.
Vendor takes out list, I read list. See Heroes & Grey's Anatomy then something hits me.
"How many episode per disc?"
"Five to six." (Alarm bells ring in my head because Grey's Anatomy is already showing their 19th episode in the US)
"So..., this is not the full DVD set?"
"No."
"So when is the full DVD set?"
"...Two months."
"You sure you don't have the full DVD set?"
"No."
"If I buy the 1/2 DVD set, can I come back next time to exchange it for the full DVD set and pay for the extra discs when you get it?"
"No." <--Stupid, right? doesn't want the business.
"Okay. Bye!"

Looks like I will have to get my fix in front of the television.
Where's my culture?

No comments: