Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My first skin tear

Tore off the skin on the inside of my right thumb.
Was actually painless and didn't notice it until I saw it.
(Probably was due to the lack of moisture in the tear, not to mention the amount of chalk on my hands used to grip the barbell)

Anyway, for the rest.
Went for the C&J today.
Started out with 3 sets of 4 reps using the 20kgs barbell.
Added another 10kgs and banged out 4 sets of 3 reps.
Once we moved into the 40kgs zone. It was about 10 sets of 2 reps each. Overall success rate: about 60%, but technique could still use some improvement.

After doing the pull (6 sets of 4 reps using 40-60kgs), switched immediately to the arm extension from C&J position and used the practice to refine my arm position during the clean.
Problem is I had to use the 15kgs barbell with a small diameter to help my grip. Did add another 5 kgs on top of it to simulate a 20kgs barbell weight.
So I did about 5 sets of 4 reps each.

Well, that's all for now. Will continue some training in Penang when I get there.

No comments: