Friday, June 16, 2006

Injured my back

During yesterday's session.

Was doing a squat with about 35kgs when the bar slip off my hands, bounced off my back. OUCH!

Still finished the session.

6 sets of 4 reps basic movement (20kgs)
14 reps with 35kgs (hurt my back on the 8 rep)
6 sets of 3-4 reps pull (3 on 35kgs, 3 on 40kgs)
5 reps of back squat (3 sets on 40kgs, last 2 on 45 kgs)

right now, my back stings.
may have to schedule a doctor appointment on monday.
just hope it is not a slipped disc or any other massive injury to my kidneys on spine.
but then again, what was I thinking when I continued training and moving around now.

Maybe it is not as bad as I thought.
Will find out more on Monday

6 comments:

Joseph Murray said...

STOP! STOP ALL THESE POSTS ABOUT WEIGHLIFTING!

TOO PAINFUL TO READ..

vchi said...

henry is trying to look masculine in front of everyone :P

get over your weightlifting already!!!

Henry Yeo said...

ball: then what sport do you play that doesn't have any pain? emotional or physical?

victor: just you wait until i pin you under a 100kg barbell

Joseph Murray said...

P.s.

pain occurs after over-excessive usage of muscles.

Henry Yeo said...

so how can it be painful for you to read if you are not over-exerting any muscles

Joseph Murray said...

it makes me wince. imagining the pain...

owchies