Thursday, September 27, 2007

At The Hotel

After getting to the hotel, everyone more or less congregated around the lobby trying to leach onto Tan Jin Chor Wifi but that didn't work (couldn't bridge the connection between his internet connection and setting up a wifi network using his computer). At RM10 for 90 minutes, you definitely get less value for money compared to Penang Open.

Anyway, will probably test out if I can use my laptop to bridge such a connection and collect fees from the other for schmoozing on my laptop. I am typing this out in my room at the moment before going downstairs to buy the connection and uploading all this thing to my blog later today (possibly after the evening games and dinner and the results are posted). KC thumbdrive also infected my computer with a Trojan horse (thank god for macafee!!!)

At least Ganesh is no where to be seen (don't know why), so thankfully will try to win it by winging it against Nigel, Tony, Vannitha, Jocelyn, John, etc. (Post day 2 note: after all those injust draws against me, i want my run of tiles at the next tournament)

Did go swimming 1 hour before the tournament started.
1st Mistake: didn't warm up
2nd mistake: tried to swim too many laps too fast (squeezed in 25-30 laps in a 5m pool in 40 minutes, a woeful effort by anyone's standard)
3rd mistake: tried to correct every single stroking of every style (and I do mean freestyle, breaststroke, butterfly aka buttersink and backstroke)
Net results: my triceps and frontal pecs hurt like hell, couldn't even reach over or under my shoulders to scrub my back when I returned back to shower.

Here to all the luck I need to win this tournament. Truth is, I just want to be able to retain top 10 again since I have my streak going back to 2003. Although the optimal challenge would be top 5, anything in the top 2 would be icing on the cake.

Signing off for now.

PS: I did offer some incense at the Guan Di temple near Tringkap on the way up after lunch, I do like Guan Gong a lot.

No comments: