Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Still a gym weenie

Arrived, warm up and sat on the bench waiting for a free platform for 20 minutes.

Did the clean & jerk,
started out with 50kgs, 3 reps.
60kgs, 3 reps
70kgs, 4 reps, all failed.
downgrade to 65kgs, 2 reps, still fail
My confidence really has taken a blow.

Pull was typical.
70kgs, 1 set of 3 reps down and 3 reps up.
moved up to 80kgs for 2 sets
and did 90kgs on the last 2 sets.
But still not doing it perfectly.

Front squat was pretty good for me this time.
Did 70kgs for 5 reps.
Then banged out 80kgs for 2 sets of 2 reps.
Decided to up the ante with 90kgs.
On the 1st rep, coach helped me on the upswing,
while I managed the 2nd rep on my own (albeit a bit dangerously awkward upswing).

Pressed about 35kgs back and front for 1 set (3 reps each) and called it a day.

No comments: