Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Edinburgh day trip

Got my day trip to Edinburgh with the Gipsons.

the city is a lot smaller than I initially conceived, got all my photos, got my haggis.

Observations:
When Cheah recommends a place, make sure that it serves your need. Cheah tends to recommend places that are upmarket, expensive and irrelevant to your purpose (The witchery didn't serve haggis and the price was way out of our budget)

Almost became the first casualty before the WSC even started (tried lifting one of Mon Meg's cannonball)

The National Gallery was small, less eye-catching paintings, but I did find another Rembrandt self-potrait, Degas, Van Gogh and Monet.
The writers museum is even smaller but its exhibits are good and point in the right direction (definitely want to see more manuscript of the writers featured (like Florence Nightingale's letters))

Will update more nex time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

isnt haggis sheep's organs wrapped in its stomach? :S