Monday, July 30, 2007

My life is a carbon copy of...

Aycee and his car
On the Friday two weeks ago, was driving up the narrow alleyway behind Jalan Bukit Bintang on my way to work, just when the afternoon DBKL service was collecting the trash. So, got stuck behind the thing for 3 minutes before they move to let me pass.

Anyway, I normally drive with my windows down when I am out of the city limit (read: not in KL downtown area), so after Saturday's gaming session at Mage Cafe the following evening, I unwind my window while driving home and experience a MINOR stench that continues until I pass Bangsar before I realized what I was smelling.

Dang! how long can that stench last when I was only behind the thing for only 3 minutes!!!
Went back home and threw some of mother's prize flowers into the engine compartment (and the car interior as well) while it was toasty hot.

Ugly: didn't throw in enough flower to de-stench the engine.

Lesson: The car interior does smell good after all the flowers have wilted under the afternoon sun.

Lemongrass's Internet connection
So, the admin office was looking into upgrading our internet bandwidth so that we can correspond faster with our internet agents, bookings and customers, etc.

So on Monday, I clocked in just to find out that the connection was DOWN(ed)!!!
Turns out that the TM people came around and declared our line was unupgrade-able for bigger bandwidth and recommended to his superiors to cancel the upgrade and the zealous techs back at TM cancelled our existing line in preparation for the upgrade.

Result: 7 whole days on dial-up modem.

Ugly: the Internet bookings got processed really S-L-O-W-L-Y.

Lesson: watching the two managers going to fire off at the TM customer service rep is really an eye-opener.

Aycee and his books
Now that the qualifers for the World Scrabble Championship is in full swing.

On the surface, it is 15 odd people fighting for 2 spots. In reality, it is probably 14 people fighting for 1 spot since they is absolutely no way anyway will overtake Ganesh unless he forgets to play in the Malaysia (still praying for that outcome). And for the other spot, bacsically it is probably open to the 4 players still floating (two are actually struggling, including me) above the 1600 point mark.

Having finally compiled the wordlists that I wanted and bound a book full of most of the bingo list, I do find myself in an unenviable position, which one to study first?

First, it was the bingo list.
Then I found out that I need to revise my 3s & 4s (and probably the 2s after the King Cup debacle in Thailand).
And I still want to study the JKQXZ 5s and 6s and all the other the remaining 5s that I vowed to do after the 2005 WSC (procastination is such a pain!!!)

Result: end up doing 1 page of each a day, combined with daily zyzzyva computer sessions and the ever burgeoning daily cardbox quiz. Finished reading the 3s, 4s, 5vowel7/8s and top 10k 7s though. Still have 10 list to tackle and about 140 thousands word to go. (go memory)

Ugly: shrink, cardbox! SHRINK! I don't want more words to test! AARRGHH!!!

Lesson: must be more discipline with word study...

No comments: