Sunday, May 07, 2006

Drawing tiles

my first Scrabble procedure rants (inspired by a thread on UK-Scrabble mailing list)

Basically, players are quibbling over the proper sequence of tile-drawing.
Whether you do it 1-by-1 or do a fist-grab, I think it is your own preference because we already have rules to fall back on when you do overdraw your tiles.

I used to be pretty erratic when it comes to this procedure.
In my novice days, I just drew by the fist.
About three years ago, I started adopting one-tile draw to instill some form of discipline in my game (and also cut down on overdraw, most of the time).

Nowadays, I just fist-grab the tiles and lay them out 1-by-1 before putting them on my rack.
As far as I am concern, the most important aspect of tile drawing right now is to maintain a distinct separation between new and old tiles before you mix them up so as to prevent and problems occuring when you have an overdraw situation.

my $0.02 worth

No comments: